The International Eric Jacobsen Page
This page is maintained by Eric A. Jacobsen.
Primarily, this page serves to help identify Who I Am Not, but has the added benefit of
providing something of an internet identity freak show in a reverse Multiple Personality
Disorder sort of way. All of the people listed below apparently actually exist with the
misfortune of sharing the same name as I. For me this is often not a bad thing. Being
confused with award-winning chemists, lung doctors, Harvard faculty, or popular record
producers can be a lot of fun at parties.
I do, however, humbly apologize to those "other" Eric Jacobsens who may have had to
endure the embarassment of someone confusing them with me. "Oh, no! You're not THAT
Eric Jacobsen, are you?" The unstoppable giggling and finger pointing must be particularly
humiliating. I survive by claiming to be you.
Update, disclaimer, apologies and all that. Many, many thanks to those of you who've sent me your info to be included over the years, or have sent info on behalf of an Eric Jacobsen (sp?). When I started this page in the early 1990s finding related info on Eric Jacobsens was interesting and novel, and now it's just, well, bizarre. Maintaining and adding links, as those of you who've sent me info that never got added know (again, sorry), just hasn't been getting done. The volumes of related info available just by doing routine web searches these days is overwhelming, and the social networking sites (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn) add another mind-numbing dimension to the personal doppelganger search phenomena. As such, my efforts to continue to maintain this site will likely go from nil to nil minus some large constant. If you'd like to write to chat or take the odd chance that I'll actually get around to adding something here, don't hesitate, but please don't be disappointed if I don't get around to an update here. Thanks much to everybody for your understanding and I know you'll be cool with it because, after all, Eric Jacobsens are a very understanding and forgiving bunch (at least, I hope so). ;)
So far, I have found the following interesting Eric Jacobsens around the world
(Listed in no particular order. I tried alphabetical order, but somehow the effect
was lost. URLs included when possible.):
- Eric Jacobsen - Executive Designer at MGM Studios Theme Park at Disney World.
- Eric Jacobsen - Also an Electrical Engineer working in Phoenix (like me). I see
his articles in Design News, Sensors,
EDN, and elsewhere all the time. Colleagues leave them on my desk and say, "You been
moonlighting at Motorola?" The Sensors article had a cover picture of a Yamaha 3.0l
V6 engine used in a Ford Taurus SHO, like the one I drive. Another member of the
SHOtimes mailing list saw it and sent me mail about what an interesting article it was,
I'd done a good job, etc. I had to explain...
- Eric Jacobsen - A psychology prof. who did a very interesting interview with David Cherniack about cults. This is
interesting since I share an interest in cults, and my brother,
Jeff, is a fairly well-known cult researcher, particularly concerning Scientology.
- Eric Jacobsen - A lung doctor on the faculty of the University of Chicago who has
- Eric T. Jacobsen - Co-founder of the Home Financial Network,
now part of Dolphin Capital, a private equity firm.
- Eric Jacobsen - A student at the College of Wooster,
Ohio, who participated in an exchange program and spent his junior year in Germany.
This is also interesting since I spent most of my High School years attending
Stuttgart American High School in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
- Eric Jacobsen - A former student at
Mississippi College who is apparently working there now.
- Eric N. Jacobsen - 1996 Winner of the
Thieme-IUPAC Prize in Synthetic Organic Chemistry. These Eric Jacobsens, we're an
intelligent bunch. Eric is a full professor of Chemistry at Harvard. Congratulations, Eric!
- Eric Jacobsen - 1997-1998
President of the Electrical Engineering student Honor Society
Eta Kappa Nu at the University of Dayton.
This is pretty cool, since I was president of Eta Kappa Nu at
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology for the
1984-1985 school year. Eric was a graduate student at the University of Colorado and is now engineering software in Salt Lake City.
- Erik Jacobsen - Producer for hit musician star Chris Isaak.
- Erik Jacobsen - One of many in Denmark. Are we related?
- Erik Jacobsen - A former Computer science graduate student at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
- Eric Jacobson - Transportation and Land Use Analyst for the Department of Land
Conservation and Development in Salem, Oregon.
- Eric Jacobson - A realtor in
- Eric Jacobson - Formerly a MBA student at U Penn, Eric now works for a speech recognition software company in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Eric Jacobson - Service Manager at Strasbaugh,
a manufacturer of wafer polishing machines for the semiconductor industry. Is it just me,
or are a lot of us nerds?
- Eric Jacobson - A talented New York photographer.
- Eric Jacobson - An 8-year-old who participated in Bloomsday '96. Congratulations!
- Eric Jacobson - A freshman at ASU, just down the street from me. That makes three of
us here in the Valley.
- Eric Jacobson - Associate Director, Academic Computing, Weber State University
- Eric Jacobson - Director of Progressive School of Long Island.
- Eric Jacobson - On the staff of the Minnesota Legislative Auditor.
- Eric Jacobson - An MD at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- Eric Jacobsen - Owner of the Ouray Ice Park in Ouray, Colorado.
- Eric Jacobsen - An engineering student at San Diego State University who participated in the 1996
AIAA student design/build/fly competition.
- Eric Jacobsen - A student at Trinity University in San Antonio, TX, working on a
masters degree in healthcare administration.
- Eric Jacobsen - Serves on the board of directors of
Operation Lifesaver, and organization
dedicated to improving safety at roadway rail crossings.
- Eric Jacobsen - Featured in a summer, 1997 Phoenix R&G article for measuring
the decline of civilization by the number of Jack-in-the-Box antenna balls stolen from his car. When this
article came out I had people calling convinced it was me, since it does sound like
something I'd do. Alas, it was merely another one of us on the loose.
- Erik Jacobsen - A casket distributor from St. Charles, Missouri.
- Eric Jacobsen - A principal at Frogtalk Media.
- Eric Jacobsen - A chemical engineer for Orica in Australia.
- Eric Jacobsen - A homebuilder in Washington state.
- Eric Jacobsen - A Pathologist on the staff at a Good Samaritan Hospital in Oregon.
- Eric M Jacobson - A Software Engineer at Hewlett-Packard in Loveland, Colorado.
- Eric Jacobsen - Another HP employee who trades email with Eric M in Loveland.
- Eric L and Eric W Jacobsen - A father and son duo who run an electrical contracting firm in Vancouver, B.C.
- Erik Jacobsen - Teaches computer science at
Aarhus Business College, Denmark.
- Eric D Jacobsen - Studied Chemical Engineering at Colorado School of Mines, now lives in Bellevue,
Washington and works at Microsoft.
- Erik H Jacobsen - A Network Professional for Allstate Insurance in Northbrook, Illinois.
- Eric Jacobsen - A Hydrologist from Trenton, New Jersey, who wishes he lived closer to the Adirondacks and had more leisure time.
- Eric Jacobsen - NASCAR street stock race driver. Eric now has a website at www.ericjacobsenracing.com.
- Eric Jacobsen - Pastor of The First Presbyterian Church of Tacoma.
- Eric Jacobsen - Wrote a review for
Star Wars: Dark Forces Vol. 1, Soldier for the Empire for The Comic Review.
- Eric Jacobsen - An Architect in California.
- Eric Jacobsen - Singer-Songwriter in Tokyo, and Tokyo Correspondent for GoGaGa. He was once confused with Chris Isaak's producer by another
music producer in L.A. Eric used to live in Boulder, CO, just like Eric does now. He now has achieved a huge amount of fame in Japan among
the 2 to 6 year old set and their moms on a daily kid's show called "Eigo de Asobo" ("let's have fun in English") You can see him at eigodeasobo.com. He also has a very cool site here.
- Eric Jacobsen - Covers articles, reports, book reviews, interviews, etc., that are related to the traditional medical cultures of India and Tibet in AyurVijnana.
- Eric G. Jacobsen - A public transportation technician, from Liverpool, NY.
- Erik K. Jacobsen - an electrician working for the City of Los Angeles, CA.
- Eric Jacobsen - A very talented fine artist living in White Salmon, WA.
- Erik Jacobsen - Studying Finance at Michigan State University.
- Erik Jacobsen - A journalist in Oslo, Norway, who does reporting and produces documentaries for the National Broadcasting Corporation (NRK).
- Erik L. Jacobsen - A Peacekeeping soldier from Colorado serving in Bosnia Herzogovina.
- Eric Jacobson - A realtor in Northwest Arkansas.
- Erik A. Jacobsen - A branch manager for Hiflex Denmark who also plays in a band in Esbjerg.
- Eric Jacobson - Web Technologies Architect for FileMaker Inc. in Santa Clara, CA
- Eric Jacobsen - A 3d Animator in Bellevue, Washington.
- Eric Jacobsen - A Teacher at Conant High School in Illinois.
- Eric Jacobsen - A cross country skiier in New England.
- Eric Jacobson - The guy to contact if you want a radar gun from Anaconda Sports.
- Eric Jacobsen - One of the proprietors of Jacobsen Trailers.
- Eric P. Jacobsen - Completed doctoral studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is presently writing a dissertation about Monism and ecology.
- Erik G. Jacobsen - A sailor and righand living in Canada.
- Eric Jacobsen - Web page designer / nerd - Maintains an interesting website
- Eric A. Jacobsen - As though my life wasn't confusing enough, Eric and I have the same full name, and he owns the coveted www.ericjacobsen.com website. He's a financial advisor in Seatlle, Washington.
- Erik D. Jacobson - Owns Up2Night, a web design and hosting company in Massachusetts. His grandfather was Eric Jalmar Jacobson, from the Isle of Gotland, Sweeden.
- Eric A. Jacobsen - A factory service and sales rep for the Bee Line Alignment Equipment Company, and very active in the Coast Guard Auxiliary. His son is Erik, and his father is Eric C.
- Eric J. Jacobson - A freelance web site designer from Houtzdale, PA.
- Eric Jacobsen - From Brooklyn, NY, where he is a purchasing manager for a 5 star French hotel in NYC
- Eric Jacobson - A heavy Equipment operator from Michigan. Don't mess with him. ;)
- Eric Jacobson - In insurance sales here in Phoenix. Another local!
- Eric A. Jacobson - Executive Vice-President, Progressive Financial Services, Inc.
- Eric C. Jacobson - An attorney who led an effort to Censure the Supreme Court Justices who decided the 2000 US Presidential election.
- Eric Jacobsen - Mechanical Engineering major at Michigan Tech
- Eric Paul Jacobsen - In Belmont, MA, studies geophysics at the University of Chicago.
- Eric W. Jacobsen- Furniture maker.
- Eric Jacobsen - Currently a staff engineer for Conoco-Phillips Marine and calls Bangkok, Thailand home.
- Dr Eric Jacobson - Head, Theology and Religious Studies, Roehampton University, School of Arts, London
- Eric A. Jacobsen - A traveling gypsy settled now in Vancouver Canada, wherehe founded an ethically focused distribution business called 'Green Leaf Distribution'.
- Eric R. Jacobson - From Wisconsin who is an assistant parts manager for a Madison dealership.
- Eric K. Jacobson - A full time student in Maine, but in addition, the gymnastics head coach for a boys team for my local YMCA.
- Eric Jacobson - Lives in Little Neck, NY, a photographer in NYC, and now a technical sales manager of digital, remotely-readable electric power meters.
- Eric Jacobsen - Director of Operations--NYC Business Express, and the guy who's linked most of the Eric Jacobsen's on Facebook together. Thanks for that!
- Eric Jacobson - Harvard graduate and a software engineer in MA, with ancestors from Gotland, Sweden.
- Eric Jacobson - Muppeteer that performs as Grover, Bert, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Animal, et al.
- Eric Peter Jacobsen - Captain of the Alaska Ranger when it sank off the Aleutian Islands. Eric was credited with saving much of the surviving crew from the incident. Godspeed, Eric.
- Eric Bryan Jacobson - Seattle born and raised clinical psychologist, (PsyD) now in Philadelphia (working mainly with children and adolescents). Happily married with one excellent son.
- Erik E. Jacobsen - Owner of Jacobsen Consulting, an Agriculture Company that focuses on scheduling irrigations for farmers (trees and vines). Born and raised in San Joaquin Valley, California, USA.
- Erik Robert Jacobson - A New York busking cellist who gets confused for Eric Jacobsen, the New York cellist and conductor.
- Eric Jacobsen - A New York cellist and conductor who gets confused for Erik Robert Jacobson - A New York busking cellist.
If you're an Eric Jacobsen, please contact me at
you can do that even if you're not an Eric Jacobsen.
This page last updated 06/05/17, although all I changed was this date.
Update, December, 2003. Okay, so I finally got around to adding almost two year's worth of links. Since the internet and search engines like Google
are so incredible, I no longer find new entries by doing websearches. There are just too many hits on the common variations of "Eric Jacobsen" to sort through and avoid duplications. New entries are now generally
a result of someone sending me an introductory email to say "Hello, found your site, my name, oddly enough, is Eric Jacobsen," or something
along those lines. We do seem to be an intelligent bunch who generally can generally recognize a computer and find the "Enter" key, so this seems
to be a workable system. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have a question or would like to be added to the list
Whatever you do, don't check out the
Eric Conspiracy Secret Labs. After all, it's a secret, you know.
If you are, or know, an Eric Smith, check out the
World Wide Eric Smith.
Another fine place to check in and kill some time is eric.com.
Also, a general apology and disclaimer: This site does occassionally suffer from lack of maintenance.
I do, however, try to keep things from getting too stale, and I also try to add new folks as quickly as I can.
Your patience is appreciated.
If you'd like, you can go back
to my home page. If not, don't.